How to Edit a Club or District Waiver
*IMPORTANT NOTE: You cannot edit the document or agreement text after a Waiver has been open for signatures, because that would allow you to change what users have already agreed to. If you must change the document or agreement text after the Waiver has been open for signatures, you will need to end the first one (enter a “Valid Until” date of today) and upload a new one with a “Valid Starting” date of today.
- Navigate to the District tab (or the My CLUB tab, they both work the same) and click the icon for “District Waivers”
2. Once you have clicked the icon, a screen will appear listing any Waivers you have already uploaded. If you haven’t uploaded any, it will tell you that instead.
3. If you want to edit a waiver, click on the pencil beside the Waiver you want to edit
4. Like the Add Waiver screen, most fields are required. The only difference is that you do not have to upload a new file. If you don’t, it will just use the existing one.
Waiver file: Again, you don’t have to upload a new one, it will use the one you already have uploaded. But if you want to upload a new one, you can click the “Choose File” button and browse to the waiver document (PDF) that you want to upload, or you can drag and drop the file onto the “Choose File” button. IMPORTANT: the file you upload must be a regular (flat) pdf. If you upload a fillable form, the user may not be able to see it, depending on the browser they are using and how its settings are configured.
Document Name: This will help you differentiate your waivers later. Good names would include “2022 Golf Outing”, “2021 Annual Registration”, etc.
Instructions: There is some default text that populates this box, but you may alter it or replace it completely with whatever instructions you want
Valid Starting date: the date that you want the Waiver to start being available for signature. The Waiver will not be available for signature until you assign this date.
Valid Until date: the date that you want the waiver to stop being available for signature. You may edit this date later if needed.
Agreement Text: You can type this in or copy/paste from another document. However, we recommend pasting it into a text document first to remove odd formatting issues from Word or Excel. This is what the members are agreeing to, usually something like “I Agree to all agreements on the Waiver”. There is some default text here as well, but you can adjust it or replace it as needed.
IMPORTANT: you must insert at least one checkbox in order for us to track the users’ signature
5. Once you have finished editing, click the “SAVE” button
6. If you did not fill out a required field, it will notify you
7. If you entered everything required, and clicked the “SAVE EDIT” button, you should see two things on the next screen:
- A notification that the Waiver was updated successfully
- The changes you made reflected in the list
**IMPORTANT: If there are already signatures for the waiver, you may only change the Document Name (in case of misspelling, or to add “_OLD” to the end), the Instructions, and the Valid Until Date (to close it). In such a case, you would see something like this upon editing:
Note the grayed-out fields. You may not change any of these.